Acre and Rosh Hanikra
Acre is a city rich in history, where the past and present come together to create a unique and unforgettable experience. Explore the ancient Crusader fortress, wander through the colorful bazaar, and walk along the walls of the old city. Discover the fascinating history of Acre, from its origins as a Phoenician port to its role as a key city in the Crusades.
Just a short drive from Acre lies Rosh Hanikra, a stunning natural wonder where the rocky cliffs meet the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Take a cable car down to the grottoes and caves, and marvel at the breathtaking beauty of the turquoise waters and the natural formations of the rocks.
Acre is a city where Jewish, Muslim, and Christian cultures come together, and you can see the influence of each in the architecture, cuisine, and traditions. This diversity makes Acre a unique and fascinating place to visit.
Whether you're a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a unique and memorable experience, Acre and Rosh Hanikra have something to offer everyone. So why wait? Book your trip to northern Israel today and discover the magic of Acre and Rosh Hanikra
✓ The city of Acre , a UNESCO World Heritage Site
✓ The Crusader fortress
✓ The old city walls
✓ The Turkish bathhouses
✓ The impressive Al-Jazzar Mosque, one of the largest and most beautiful mosques in Israel.
✓ Rosh Hanikra, a natural wonder that features stunning cliffs, grottoes, and caves.
Some interesting facts about Acre and Rosh Hanikra
1. Acre was once a major port city for the Roman Empire, and was later conquered by the Crusaders in the 12th century. The city has a rich history of conquest and conflict, and has been ruled by many different civilizations throughout its history.
2. Acre is home to one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the world, dating back more than 4,000 years.
3. Rosh Hanikra is located on the border between Israel and Lebanon, and was once used as a smuggling route between the two countries.
4. The grottoes and caves at Rosh Hanikra were formed over thousands of years by the erosion of the limestone cliffs by the Mediterranean Sea.
5. Acre has a vibrant food culture, with fresh seafood being a major highlight. The city is known for its famous dish of stuffed mussels, which are served in a rich tomato sauce.
6. Acre is home to the only underground Crusader city in the world, which was recently opened to visitors after years of excavation and restoration.
7. The Rosh Hanikra cable car is one of the steepest cable cars in the world, and offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and the surrounding landscape.
8. Acre is a melting pot of different cultures and religions, with Jewish, Muslim, and Christian communities living side by side in the city's narrow streets and alleyways.
9. Rosh Hanikra is located near the ancient city of Akhziv, which was once a thriving Phoenician port and is now an archaeological site.
10. Acre is home to many beautiful mosques, churches, and synagogues, including the Al-Jazzar Mosque, the Templar Tunnel, and the Crusader Knights' Halls, which are all open to visitors.
Are you ready to discover Israel?
Immerse yourself in vibrant culture, savor delicious cuisine, and witness ancient traditions. Get to know friendly locals and create lifelong memories. Awaken your senses with a journey like no other! Don't miss out - reserve your place today and uncover the magic of Israel!
Your Journey, Our Passion!
✓ Personalized pick-up and drop-off
✓ Customized itinerary based on traveler's interests
✓ Flexible pacing
✓ Luxury transportation
✓ Friendly and professional guides
✓ Assistance with bookings
✓ Exclusive access to off-the-beaten-path locations
✓ Multilingual options
✓ 24/7 Help Support
Reserve your seat with Israeli-Tour and discover the best that Israel has to offer.
Israeli-Tour is the leading tailor-made tours agency in Israel!